Recently my friend Madeline suggested using murals as a backdrop for some of my portraits. Since Austin has a plethora of murals, I decided to do some research and take a ride with Madeline to check some of them out. I’ve noticed images of a few of the Austin themed murals on postcards at local gift shops. Using these for backgrounds can be a fun way to add some color to your portraits. Below are the 7 we discovered on our adventure.
1. LOVE FROM AUSTIN – 720 S. 1st Street
You’ll find this mural located on the side of shop called Prima Dora.
2. GREETINGS FROM AUSTIN – 720 S 1st Street
This mural is located on the side of an art gallery called Roadhouse Relics.
3. AUSTINTEXAS – 6th Street & IH-35
This mural sits on a building right next to the Hilton Garden Inn and right across from the I-35.
4. Colorful Mural – 4th Street & IH-35
We found this beautiful mural, which expands across a very long wall, after viewing the Austin Texas mural down the street.
5. AUSTIN, TEXAS – 3700 Guadalupe
This one can be found on the side of Planet K Gifts.
6. LET’S BAND TOGETHER – E. 6th Street & Chicon
Right on the side of a bar called Whisler’s, you’ll find the Let’s Band Together mural.
7. ‘TILL DEATH DO US PART – Waller Street & 7th
This mural is on the side of a shop called Green & White Gro.
Book your session today!